So you’re looking to share your experiences and insights with Southeast Asia’s fastest growing startup community. We look forward to you sharing your amazing work with us.
To help you along, we have put together some simple tips to guide you on your way. Here is what our editors look for in contributed stories (and what we want to avoid.)
You can also refer to some of our most popular contributed content to date to better understand what works and what does not:
- PR for startups; a journalist’s perspective
- Battle of the Chinese vs Western style UI & UX
- Indonesia is suffering from early stage fatigue
- How startups should measure success in PR… It’s not the amount of coverage
What do we look for?
Here are some simple guidelines on how to make sure your article makes the cut.
Original content: We only publish original content that has not been published anywhere and will do research to see if a post we like has been published elsewhere.
Experience counts: While we appreciate that being an entrepreneur is a journey, contributions from seasoned professionals or those with relevant experience in the topic they are writing about is important.
Advice is great: Have you been there and done that? Share some of your original insights and lessons learned with the community.
Trends and predictions: Know something we do not know about the startup community in Southeast Asia or are the numbers telling you a story? Share that story with us.
Rules that need to be followed
- Trustworthy resources: Embed links to original sources of information (studies, stats, etc.)
- Article length: An article should be a minimum of 800 words and a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Language: We follow UK English, so please make sure your contribution uses the UK standard.
- Proofreading and spell-check the document: Our editors are already overworked, so please do us a favour and run your article through spell check. We will reject articles with multiple errors.
- Photos: If you are submitting an article, please note that original images are required and they must be at least 800*600 in size.
- Bios: Please include a bio of yourself (or the author) and a high-res profile image
Tech Collective reserves the right to edit all content submitted for publication, including grammar, formatting, headlines and length. We reserve the right to reject content for any reason.
We reserve the right to remove any links or content we consider offensive, harmful or overly promotional. Any violation of our policies can result in removal of content or removal from the platform at the editors’ discretion.
Drop us a message at techcollectivesea(@)gmail.com or use our contact page.