Our goal at Tech Collective is to help entrepreneurs through our content, insights, and also resources. T
That’s why we sat down with the crew from SYNC to find out the media landscape and which media titles would best suit startups and entrepreneurs around the region. We’re keeping it focused on a few industries so that it is really useful.
The industries we focused on are:
- Consumer Technology like gadgets, mobile apps, and so on
- Enterprise Technology like B2B software, SaaS models, and others
- Lifestyle and consumer companies
Enterprise Technology media landscape
The main enterprise and B2B tech publications in the region tend to focus a lot of coverage on startups, new technologies, and innovation. These publications are great for startups looking to reach a new customer base, brand their business as an industry leader, and reach an investor community.
Some media examples include:
- TechCrunch: TechCrunch is a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news. (source:TechCrunch)
- INC Southeast Asia: Inc. Southeast Asia is the sole Southeast Asian licensee of Inc., the world’s leading media brand for entrepreneurs and start-ups. (source: Inc. Southeast Asia)
- Tech in Asia
Honourable mentions: Tech Collective (that’s us), Tech Wire Asia, Business Insider, Digital News Asia, and Techsauce
Consumer Technology Media landscape
There’ll be some overlap because many publications cover multiple sectors. However, it is important to notice that consumer technology media isn’t the same as it used to be. The big players from five to six years ago are no longer dominant.
Some media examples include:
- Business Insider: Business Insider – Find latest Business & Finance news, Tech Insider, Career & Life news, and more trending news & videos at Business Insider. (Source: Business Insider)
- Vulcan Post: Vulcan Post is where you find news about technology and products that affect your daily lifestyle. We aim to add a human element to technology and discuss how technology is slowly changing our daily interactions with one another. (Source: Vulcan Post)
- CNET Asia: CNET is the world’s leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more. (Source: CNET)
- INC Southeast Asia
Honourable mentions: Tech Collective (that’s us), Tech in Asia, e27, and Techsauce.
Lifestyle and Consumer media landscape
Last, but not least is the lifestyle and consumer media. This is very relevant for startups and SMEs looking for branding opportunities and lead generation for consumer products. It is a highly competitive space, so it’s important to be aggressive and proactive.
- Buro 24/7: News and trends from the world of beauty. Makeup tips from the most popular cosmetics brands and the latest scientific advancements in skin care. (Source: Buro 24/7)
- Her World: Her World brings you the latest in Shopping, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle and Celebrity news, and trends. (Source: Her World)
- Lifestyle Asia: Through engaging and authoritative articles, LifestyleAsia.com has become the reliable portal to luxury living, travel, international fashion, dining and entertainment across Asia. (Source: Lifestyle Asia)
Honourable mentions: Lifestyle Collective, Be.com, and Asia Tatler.
According to the SYNC team, it is hard to narrow it down to such a small focused group, because each market has strong local players. This is why we focused on the media landscape featuring most of the regional players that have a presence and good readership across the region.
Drop us a message if you’d like to find out more. The SYNC team can be reached through their website if you have any questions.