Instagram is a vast platform with a diverse user base sharing their stories and photos. Users of this social media platform spend an average of 53 minutes every day browsing through photos and adding their own.
On Instagram, likes are equivalent to currency; and the more you have them, the more likely it is that people will see your posts on their news feed. Since Instagram’s algorithm shows you posts from users you have previously interacted with, this also means your future posts will garner more attention.
We explore Instagram checkout and what it means for the social media ecosystem
The main reason why likes still matter on social media is that they take the user a very little amount of time. You just need to double-tap in order to like a post, but it greatly influences your engagement numbers.
Are you struggling to get likes on your posts? Here we have presented a few tips that will help you increase your likes on Instagram.
Use proper hashtags
Compared to other social media platforms, Instagram posts are more reliant on hashtags, and by using them wisely, you can expose your content to a wider audience. As such, you should put some thought behind what hashtags you are using for your post. You can always use Task Ant to find relevant as well as popular hashtags for your posts.
In this regard, you should keep the following things in mind:
- Keep your hashtags specific, but not too specific.
- As per studies, the most popular Instagram posts have 9 hashtags on average, so you should try to keep the number of hashtags around that number.
- Always insert the hashtags in the right places.
- Add a branded hashtag, if possible.
- Make sure of the Hashtag generator tools to find trending hashtags.
- Your hashtags shouldn’t make it look like you are desperate for attention.
Schedule your posts at the best times
In order to get the most engagement for your post, you should publish them between 10 PM and 3 AM. You may wonder why this is the perfect time for publishing posts, and one of the reasons is that during these hours, you have fewer posts to compete against.
In this time frame, your posts can get more attention from Instagram users, which means you have a higher chance of getting wide exposure. But, it also depends on your target audience, so you should experiment with different timeframes to see which one works best for you.
Although this seems like an obvious suggestion, its importance cannot be understated. It is vital that you maintain the frequency of your posts, publishing at least one every day. This way you can increase your engagement and also benefit in the following ways:
- Users get to know what kind of content they can expect from you.
- By interacting with your posts, they increase brand familiarity.
- By sharing your posts on their stories, they allow your brand to reach other users.
- Posting regularly increases your number of followers and likes.
Ask users to tag their friends on your post
Think about it, when you come across a post you like on Instagram, you immediately want to tag your friends. In the caption for your posts, you can ask users to tag their friends.
Users can tag their friends in the comments or send it to them via direct message. No matter how they share your post, it increases engagement and leads to your post getting more likes.
Keep up with the trends and memes
You can use trends and memes strategically to drive engagement to your posts. There are several meme-based Instagram accounts posting content on a particular theme. Keep the following things in mind while posting meme-based content:
- Make sure you are targeting the correct audience.
- Make sure your audience consists of people who know a thing or two about pop culture and memes.
- Make sure the brand of humor is in line with your profile theme and content.
Pay attention to your captions
Many people don’t pay too much attention to their captions but this is a big mistake. By making your captions interesting, you can increase the likelihood of people liking your posts, so it is unwise to overlook that particular section.
When you create a good caption, it creates anticipation among your audience regarding the caption for your next post. You should think about what would draw the readers in and make them interested in your content.
These are some of the best ways to increase likes and engagement on your Instagram content. While you should try them out, try to keep in mind that no one strategy works for all, so you have to do some trial-and-error before you figure out what’s perfect for you.